Shifting Natural Color with Iron
Dirt + Dye: Shifting Natural Color with Iron will teach you how to shift naturally dyed color using iron (ferrous sulfate). Each step is described in detail, and several examples of possible color shifts are shown.
Some natural colors can only be achieved using iron as a modifier. Iron opens up a whole new world of natural color!
This leaflet includes:
- Why and how iron (ferrous sulfate) is a useful modifier for natural dyeing
- A list of natural dyes + how iron shifts the colors
- A list of materials needed
- How to use Weight of Fiber (WOF) to prepare an iron solution
- How to prepare an iron solution to modify the color of pre-dyed items
- Photos of naturally dyed clothing + iron color shifts achieved with recipes
- Detailed instructions and hand-drawn illustrations for each step
This is a downloadable PDF for purchase. Due to the nature of digital downloads, refunds are not available after purchase.
- In stock, ready to ship